February 17, 2013

The Day I Got To Marry My Best Friend...

This year has been so full of ups and downs. 
If you haven't seen it yet, I've shared bits & pieces of my crazy store here and here

Me and little man have been through a lot dealing with my divorce & just trying to get through this last year of school for me. 

But I can honestly say that the past six months have been the best days, hours & minutes I've ever experienced. 
In my mere 23 (almost 24!) years of existence. 
God is so so good, guys. 
And He's shown me just how good He can be through the beautiful relationship He's allowed me to have with my {now} hubby. 

We've been married two weeks now & I truly can't explain in words how different this marriage is for me.
I've never known such peace in a relationship before and I know that this is truly how it is meant to be. 

So I've been dyyying to share with you pictures of our sweet & simple day and I finally get too!!

We had an amazing photographer in one of hubby's dear friends and she did such an amazing job capturing our special day!! 
You can find her here at Captured by Tomie if you're looking for someone fabulous!

Before I dive into the amazing pictures...here are some fun little tidbits about our wedding day: 

1. We got married at my parents house & all the outdoor pictures were taken in the field next to their house- it ended up being perfect!

2. I DIY'd nearly everything about the wedding so you'll be seeing all kinds of projects from it in the next few weeks!!

3. I practically packed up my own house to decorate because of course my colors were teal, grey & white which is basically all around me :) 

4. Hubby nearly gave me a heart attack when he said he wanted to write our own vows....I'm terrified of speaking in front of people and was totally okay with just the 'repeat after me' kind. But I'm soo glad we did because they are words we will treasure forever! 

5. My heart nearly beat out of my chest when I heard hubby gasp out loud when I walked out. You'll see how much I adore him in all the pics...just sayin'. 

6. Little man was apparantly all about the first kiss because partway through the ceremony he yelled out 'just kiss already!' which made me laugh out loud. Silly boy. 

7. We chose four white birds to be around the cake... they're kinda my special thing in the house with the kids and there were two big ones for me & hubby and two small kidlet birds. My little family of four :) 

8. Hubby couldn't stop talking to me when I first walked up to him & he took my hand. The pastor was saying who-knows-what and hubby was just chattering away about how beautiful I was & how excited he was. He completely made my heart melt. 

9. I made a gorgeous bouquet in my DIY fashion and we totally forgot about it for the ceremony. Yup. But it made it into pictures :) 

10. A random thing I really wanted for the big day was turquoise heels. But every time I went looking, I was out of luck. Three days before the wedding, me & hubby chanced into Charlotte Russe one more time and they just so happened to find the last pair tucked away in the back for  me. It was a little shoe miracle that made us smile :) 

And now for the part I know you really wanted to get to.... all the gorgeous pictures!!
Enjoy :) 


My main color was my signature turquoise :) 
But I added lots of burlap, linen & pops of grey & yellow into it. 
My poor house had bare walls when everything was transported over. 

Tutorial coming soon for the gorgeous linen & burlap wreath you see :) 


Of course my scale had to make it in somehow. 
You know I'm obsessed with it :) 
It was perfect for adding some height to the food table. 
I mixed lots of my white bowls & plates in with some vintage trays. 

I picked that awesome metal stand up at Hobby Lobby on clearance last year. 
It's perfect for holding utensils. 



Don't worry...I'll be sharing more about the beautiful sign with our last name on it soon! 
It's definitely a fun story and was fate in how it happened :) 

I added chunky wood slices underneath the punch bowls just for fun. 
And yes, I did decorate six DOZEN mason jars. 
Didn't they turn our pretty, though?
Totally worth it. 

Knotted ribbon & a painted frame with a simple love saying completed it. 
And why yes, I used drop cloths as tablecloths. 
They were perfect. Be jealous :) 



Little miss getting her hair done :) 


Tutorials coming soon on both the "Truly, Madly Deeply" sign & the Framed 'Extraordinary' print. 
I've already shared the free 'Extraordinary' printable with you here because I love you so!!

Fun fact: 
see that framed picture of hubby & the two kids? 
We have a handful of pictures we took over five years ago when we verrry first met. 
I LOVE having sweet pictures of the kids together when they were babies. 
God knew we'd want them someday :) 
And this one is my absolute favorite of hubby playing the guitar with both babies in his lap. 
Steal my heart. 


The cake was totally Pinterest inspired, I'm not going to lie. 
But I changed it up by adding turquoise to it and I knew I wanted to incorporate the four birds to represent our little family. 
Mama & Daddy bird are on top and the two baby birds are hiding up front. 
Didn't it turn out beautiful? 

And check out that amazing pallet stand that hubby made for the cake to sit on. 
It's perfect and completely special to me. 
I'll be sharing more of it soon :) 



Free "He is Mine" printable available here!! 
I realized in adding C's everywhere that they totally have a mind of their own.
I asked hubby why he had to have such difficult letters- J & C. 
They roll and roll and roll, guys. 
There was a lot of coaxing to get those guys to stand upright :) 


My random miracle shoes: Charlotte Russe
Gold bracelets: Target
Pearl Bracelet: From my sweet mimi who passed away three years ago. 
Gorgeous Turquoise Necklace: Blue Soul Designs










Me & mom worked all evening one night to decorate that arch :) 
We found some amazing burlap mesh at Hobby Lobby and intertwined it with tulle & burlap ribbon. 
The C is from Hobby Lobby but was painted turquoise :) 


My absolute favorite :)
Look at that sweet grin. 










And the sweetest pic ever is this one: 


Hubby is whispering sweet things to me & I'm soaking it all in :) 

I can't believe that the weeks are already flying by. 
Such a sweet story that I never get tired of telling. 

"Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite" 

{Be on the lookout for the next few weeks for all kinds of projects that came from DIY'ing the wedding...can't wait to show you!!!} 


post signature

Pin It
Like me on Facebook. Follow me on Pinterest. Subscribe to my feed



18 comments:

  1. Kelsey-- this post is nothing but amazing! I am Thrilled for you and your adorable sweet family! :) All but smiles going on over here for you girl... love ya and this day looked simply perfect! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEriously could not be happier for you! You went from the deepest low to the highest high. God is indeed good and you deserve this happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (my daughter is signed into her account here..) You inspire me more than you will ever know. Much love and happiness to you and your new family!
    JoAnne Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!!!!! i m so happy for you! our stories are very similar- divorce, surprise falling in love again, second marriage, blending families, and of course we both live in arkansas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the shoes I suggested to you!! I feel so honored! :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Beautiful wedding pics. :) I wish you all the happiness in the world! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it all! Something tells me you're going to be unstoppable from this point on. What a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You did a wonderful job with all of the small details (and big ones, too!) Loved scrolling through the pictures -- thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful Kelsey! You looked so pretty! And I love all the touches you created and your cake is fabulous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos and decoration Kelsey. Glad you found your happy ending, or the beginning to your happy ending! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Kelsy! I have been following you for a while. It started this summer when I stole some of your ideas for my twins superhero party. Anyways, I had just started following you and I saw your post about your husband leaving and I was so devastated for you. I typed up this big long sappy inspirational comment then deleted it. I wanted to tell you that I {some random stranger} was thinking and praying for you and I KNEW you would land on your feet again, but I just didn't think you would want to hear that at the time. You seem like an amazing woman and you guys make and adorable family. I am so happy to swing by here months later and see that you have found happiness and peace. Good luck and congrats again!! Cant wait to hear what great things your future will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful story and family. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you! My heart broke for you when you had such life changing events happen to you last year. I'm glad you were able to find love again

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and congratulations!! Love all the personal touches!! :)
    -Meesh

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails