February 15, 2012

So There's Good News & Bad News....

Don't worry dear friends.
Nothing completely crazy.

But just in case you haven't heard I wanted to give you the heads-up.
Did you know that  Google Friend Connect will be going away as of February 29th for all
non-blogger blogs?

Craziness, people.

And, no I'm not a non-blogger blog so as of right now, you'll still be able to follow me via GFC.
But there is rumor that it will be phasing out for everyone soon too.

So that brings me to my main point...
I don't want to lose any of you!!!

So that's the bad news part.

Here's the good news.
Our friends over at Linky Tools came up with Linky Followers:


It's a great new way to follow blogs with a lot of fun features that GFC didn't have.
It also allows you to sort your blogs which is fun :)

So, in order to keep following your fave blogs, you just need to sign up on their site and start following your blogs that have the Linky Followers Tool on their sites (which a lot of them already have!!)

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about...

This is Google Friend Connect on my sidebar... what most people use to follow blogs at the moment:


I WILL be keeping GFC up for now.
So don't worry...if you like following that way, it's still an option!

But I've also added the new Linky Followers tools below it.
It looks like this:


So I would LOVE if you'd follow me via the new Linky tools.
That way I don't lose any of my fabulous friends :)

It's super easy to do and completely free.

In honor of the new Linky Tools...Cheri from It's So Very Cheri is hosting a Linky Followers Blog Hop!!

Here are the rules:

1. you MUST have the LINKY FOLLOWERS tool on your site to participate.
If you see that your link has been deleted you need to add the LINKY FOLLOWER tool to your site and then come back over and re-enter your link
{You can have both the LINKY FOLLOWERS & GFC on your site but you must have the LINKY FOLLOWERS toolto participate in this party hop.}

2. You MUST follow the person who has the party on their site as a thank you.

3. Just add your blog button to the LINKY PARTY below.

4.Then grab the BLOG HOP code

(Click on GET THE CODE HERE and enter it into a post on your site. You can grab info from my post if it helps you with your post.)

5. Then you follow other bloggers–(as many as you want)

That's it guys :)

And it will help spread the word about GFC and Linky Followers- so it's a win-win for everyone!!

Happy Hopping!!

Let me know if you have any questions...


 

Pin It

post signature



20 comments:

  1. Hi! Hopping through for this hop and am a new Linky Follower!
    I hope you can check out my blog! RJ Does Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hopping through .. Im your Newest Linky follower .. hope you stop over and Follow me too :)

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting cause now I just did it on mine too lol
    -Meesh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting you from the linky follower blog hop. You have a great blog! I'm your newest follower on both GFC and Linky Followers. Would love for you to follow me back! Have a wonderful day!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest linky follower here. Would love a follow in return. Would also love for you to link up to my little party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/search/label/Show%20Off%20Saturday

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog Hopping - I've followed you via Linky Followers. Would love if you would follow me back.

    Thank you,
    Jeneen @ Suzie HomeCaker
    suziehc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of your newest Linky buddies through the blog hop!! Would love for you to visit me:

    afewofmyfavoritethings-penni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now following both on GFC and Linky followers! Would love for you to visit me @ toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Its Cheri from Its so very Cheri. I am following you and if you haven't made your way over to check out www.ItsSoVeryCheri.com please do and follow me back. I also have another post on my site for a give-a-way each week for those who follow me on the new Linky Follower tool.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following you!

    Lindsay
    cobblestonesandivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there.. I found you on the Linky Follower Blog Hop and I am now following you. I would love if you would stop by and follow me back.:) Thanks!!

    http://littlebeckyhomecky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs! P.S. I'm your newest linky follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you on www.itssoverycheri.com's Linky Followers Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower, I'd love for you to follow back!

    Thanks so much and Have a Wonderful Evening!
    Aledia @ http://plumperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the heads up! This change does not affect RSS followers, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been hopping all day on the Linky followers blog hop and I am loving it. I am one of your newest followers and would love for you to follow me at
    My Turn (for us)

    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. New Linky and GFC follower! hope you follow back!

    http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I found you via linky blog hop and am glad that I did. I now follow you and would love for you to follow me at Hibiscus House.
    Thanks,
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by from the Linky Follower Party Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Visiting from the Linky Party Hop!! I hope you’ll visit – www.LaughterandGrace.com – and follow back.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! It's Sarah from Creating Amazing. I found you through the Linky Followers Hop and am following you now. I would love for you to follow me at www.creatingamazing.com. Every Friday I pick one of my followers to feature on my site. I would love if you would come and check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails