December 14, 2011

Meet Charles: A Reindeer Makeover Story

So if you can remember back to a couple weeks ago when I showed you this picture on my facebook page....


Then you might be excited to know that sad little Charles (yup, he has a name. Don't judge)
is now looking quite dapper :)

He just needed a few nails here and there to re-attach some hanging pieces.
He also needed quite a bit of glue to help hold his too-big antlers on.
Poor thing has big ole' antlers and a tiny head.


And there's nothing that white paint can't make better.
Seriously.

I used a gloss white to cover the little guy.


And then I got rid of those scary yellowing eyes.
Ick.
They were creeping me out.
Along with his sad little red painted nose and white cotton ball tail.
All gone.

While I was rummaging around the garage looking for suitable replacements...I found these little washers.
perfect.


A dab of hot glue later, he had a total face-lift.


I did some light distressing to bring out the original finish.
I mean, he is vintage so it just goes with the territory, right?


My mom had just handed him off to me when she was cleaning out her garage.
There's no telling how long poor charles had been in there.

But he's looking like a much more enhanced version of himself :)

Seriously, though.
Who thought those antlers were good proportion?
And I wasn't about to go cut me some new ones so on they are.
But really.


He is kinda cute though, huh?


And just for dramatic effect,
here's a before and after.

And it's a doozy.


I mean, I don't think I've ever seen a deer happier :)

Now my little reindeer has taken up post by our front door- pictures of that whole dealio later though.
But I think he's liking his new look- I saw him strutting his stuff to the cats earlier.
Just sayin'.

post signature




4 comments:

  1. He's so adorable! I know he feels like a brand new deer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty darn cute! I could see him holding a bunch of ornaments or a pretty poinsettia. Fun makeover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! Nice work. I just came across your blog today and I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so cute, paint can fix almost anything!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails