November 22, 2011

Winter Sweater Wreath

I am so excited about breaking out my Christmas wreaths.
I don't know what it is about them that makes me smile so much but they do :)

I already have several wreaths for Christmas...but I can't help my addiction to them.
So I made another.
But this one can just be a winter wreath cuz it's so cozy!!!

I love the textures of big chunky, outdated sweaters and lucked out at our Goodwill and brought a pile home...


Then I set about cutting out hundreds of circles from the sweaters.
This is a total watch-tv-while-you-work project or else you'll go insane.

Plus it helps if you have a cute little helper that likes to stack them in circles for you...just sayin'.
But you can't have mine :)


Once you have your circles cut, you just string them onto a metal hanger.
It's kind of a pain to straighten those things out but they finally start to bend your way if you're nice.

Just string them on in whatever patterns make you happy :)
Little man totally did most of this- he loved helping make a wreath.


When you're finished, just twist the ends of the hanger together and tie a sweater sleeve around the top to hang it from :)

Then sit back and enjoy all the pretty colors!


I am so in love with all the textures in this wreath.
And the pops of color are perfect.


Doesn't it just make you want to sip hot chocolate by the fire?
That can't just be me who wants to do that...right?

But maybe it's just the fact that Arkansas is staying steady at seventy-ish degrees and I want it to feel like WINTER!!!!


I would love to make one with just burlap and linen for a soft, romantic look.
We'll see if I get the itch to cut a few hundred more circles anytime soon :)


So... was it worth it to make another 'Christmas' wreath??

Do you have any wreaths on your 'to do' list??

post signature

Linking to:

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! I love all the textures and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! I love the pretty colors and what a use of old sweaters!! Awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of all of those old sweaters repurposed to such a gorgeous wreath! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your beautiful wreath at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative! I would love for you to link this project up at Do Something Crafty Friday: http://vanessascraftynest.blogspot.com/2011/11/do-something-crafty-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Your feature will go live on Thurs. (12-1). Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! I'd love for you to link up to my Homemade in December Link Carnival.

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute!!! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on a sweater kick right now and just last night was looking at all my scraps, thinking what could I do with THESE! Now I know! Great idea! I would love for you to come and link this to our Christmas party going on right now!!
    http://aweemeenit.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-gifts-or-ornament-for-10-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally feel your addiction to making wreaths... it's too fun! I'm following :) -would love for you to follow me over at summitstreetjoy.com thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the textures and colors. Great wreath idea.

    Stopped by via Design Dazzle Link Up of 100 Christmas Ideas of Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looooooove it! :) So happy to find your blog today -- it's beautiful!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    Have a wonderful day!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!
    Thanks again for partying with us at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails