November 07, 2011

Turkey Pillow: Repost

So...I thought I'd repost one of my favorite Thanksgiving DIY's because I absolutely love this little pillow and I've added so many new wonderful followers since this was posted last :)

So consider this my Thanksgiving project this year considering I'm up to my ears in Christmas projects that I can't wait to show you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPOST:
Of course, you remember these guys that I made from placemats a few weeks ago..
so you won't be surprised to find out that I scored another amazing placemat find.
I found this gorgeous guy while shopping for a wedding gift at Bed Bath & Beyond.
When you're wanting to make a placemat into a pillow, make sure that it has backing on it that can be easily opened and stuffed.
(I just pinch the back and see if it 'separates' from the front)
Little man loves turkeys so I had to scoop him up.

I got him home...and opened him up!


He was super easy to get apart at the seams...then I just stuffed that turkey :)

Once he was as plump as I wanted, I sewed him back up and plopped him on the couch to admire such a pretty gobbler.

Isn't he beautiful?
And he keeps those fabulous leaves company...
(See full leaf pillow tutorial here)

Didn't I say he was just in time for Thanksgiving?
(I got this placemat last year, but I've seen similar ones at TJ Maxx and JC Penny. Haven't checked Bed, Bath & Beyond again)
Don't you need a sweet gobbler around your house?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get geared up for next week, because I'm hosting a fun Christmas Event called A Creative Christmas (in November) that will be fun of amazing guest bloggers and giveaways!!
Can't wait to start celebrating the Christmas season with you guys :)
post signature

Linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Get out!!! Too cute! Thanks for sharing your cool turkey pillow at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! so festive and fun! I'd love for you to link up to my linky party
    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! And much more fun as a pillow than a placemat...he'd just get spaghetti sauce on him in less than 24 hours around here. Nice work! Thanks for linking to Shine On Fridays; hope you'll come back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is ONE CUTE turkey pillow! Love it!
    Would you please share it with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party?
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelsey, what a cute turkey pillow. Thanks so much for sharing. Please follow me back. Thanks, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails