August 25, 2011

Improving the Improved

So I survived the day.
I know you guys were worried :)

Although five classes with hardly a lunch break sure is hard on a person.
Especially sitting still after a summer of going, going, going.
I missed working in my garage...
But my classes will be interesting to say the least!

I thought I'd show you a quick revamp I did that I already shared on my facebook page.
Now remember what I always tell you,
I am SO not a seamstress.
This is, in fact, the first time I've brought the sewing machine out of hiding since we went to war.
Although this is a new-to-me sewing machine and I think it likes me a lot better than my last one :)

Remember my post forever ago about all my pillows I had made for our sad little couch in our back living room?
These pillows?



I still like my polka dot pillow (it was the very first one I attempted)
and I lurvve my stenciled burlap pillow- you'll be seeing some more of those soon :)
but I was never crazy about the crazy-on-your-eyes flourish white pillow.
It just...bothered me.

So me and my newish sewing machine forged a truce and whipped together this little cutie...


The back is just an envelope closure but I added a panel of my circle fabric from my awesome viking chair makeover.
Under that fabric is some pretty white ruffles that I salvaged from one of little man's great-grandpa's pillowcases.

I was quite proud of myself for sewing all that together- seriously, I gave the machine a smug look.
"I knew I could do it...so there"

But we're friends, so it gets credit too :)

Now the little family is looking a little better...
the setup just needs a new couch is all.


I'll be giving a tutorial on my little H pillow soon- I seriously love that pillow and it's twin.
Yep...there's another one hiding somewhere.
Patience, grasshopper :)

So...
overwhelming patterned pillow to lovely ruffled one...


Not bad for someone who doesn't sew, huh?
There might be more *gasp* sewing in my future.

But don't get too excited now.


But you CAN get excited about two things:

1- a fun furniture reveal tomorrow

AND

2- an awesome giveaway starting Monday!!!

See, I told you I loved you guys :)

post signature



2 comments:

  1. Wow, 5 classes in one day is a lot! My brain would be in overload! Love the 2nd makeover, much cleaner looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the ruffles--and so does my daughter, who just walked by. Don't you just love that feeling of accomplishment?!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails