June 30, 2011

USA Yarn Project

So I'm back from our lake trip sunburned and tired...
but we had lots of fun.

Little man loved the boat and is more excited than ever about our upcoming beach trip.
He's decided that swimming is the best thing ever...
and finding a huge bass washed up that had obviously gotten greedy and paid for it.
He had three fish in his belly and obviously that had been his demise :)

Little man lovvvvved that.

Aren't you excited about two yarn projects in one week?
I hadn't really planned it like that but...I figured I needed to show my last Fourth of July project before the Fourth actually came.

Little man loves helping with projects and he really likes wrapping yarn...so I decided to incorporate that and make another frame wreath like I did last fall.

That one got covered with book pages...
this one got yarn.
It's just how it goes :)

You'll have to imagine the boring black frame it started as since I was a bad blogger and didn't take any pictures...

Me and little man wrapped it in white yarn and then I let him dig around to find Americana stuff :)


We painted a few stars and covered a couple with fun paper then hot glued them into one corner.


I picked up some wooden letters I saw at Walmart and we used some red fabric I had on hand to cover them.

I frayed the edges to let them be worn- and I like the black peeking out around the corners:)


Some twine was the perfect hanger...


I think our house officially welcomes celebrating America-
little man is dying to sing 'happy birthday' to it. Lol.


This frame wreath has already found a new home since the coffee filter wreath will be taking the front door...
and it's new home has something to do with this little sad guy...


But of course much prettier now :)

Can't wait to show you!!!

signature

Linking to:

9 comments:

  1. That is super cute! Love it! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv the tutorial on using the yarn. I have quite a lot of it...
    Don’t forget to join our party by visiting us at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping in from TT&J: I love the square shape for the door! Awesome 4th decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute wreath!! TFS!! Stopping by from Remodaholic linky party.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-pillows.html

    Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project!

    I am having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party that I'd love for you to join in on by adding your link!
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW NEAT! I've never thought about using a frame for a wreath - what an awesome idea! Yours looks amazing...I wish it were on my front door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the frame idea. The frayed edges on the fabric are a wonderful touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails