June 27, 2011

The Little Flat Yarn Wreath

We are headed to the lake today and I'm so excited.
Boats, sun and friends :)

Little man is super excited and made me get his new little digital camera out so he could practice taking pictures.
I love that little guy.

But I couldn't forget about you guys so I thought I'd show you a little wreath I did a few weeks ago when I was trying to figure out what to put on the door coming into the house in the garage.

It gets used the most and in this Arkansas humidty, it sticks a little so it gets shoved a. lot.

So I had a wreath on it before...that kept falling off and aside from nail-gunning (yes...it did cross my mind!!!) to the door, I had to come up with Plan B.

Enter the lightest flattest wreath ever.

Granted I let little man help...so it's kind of a wonky circle...but I kind of love it :)

Supplies:
*cardboard-or something to cut the shape out of
*yarn
*lots of patience :)
*embellishments to make your wreath look pretty

So first...cut your circle out.
I used some cardboard I had on hand.
And unless you let a four year old draw it like I did, it should come out as a circle :)


And then wrap and wrap and wrap.
And wrap some more.

It doesn't take that long...especially if you're watching your favorite tv show :)
But it does get boring after a while.
But it's totally worth it.


Embellish it as you want- I had these cute felt flowers I had on hand that worked perfectly.
I hung it with a piece of green grossgrain ribbon.


I just completely die over the texture of yarn.
Love. It.

And this is the perfect solution to my door/wreath problem.


It doesnt' fly in your face everytime you open the door...
and it hasn't fallen even once.


There you have it.
Another yarn wreath.

Just a little flatter :)


Hope everyone has a lovely Monday- I'll be back Wednesday after our lake time...
hopefully a little tanner.
But most likely just sunburned. :)

signature

Linking to:


3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the little embellishments. Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I just did a wreath just like it, and in gray, too! How cool is that. I love flat wreaths/discs/whatever they are. I really like the flowers you added. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I could use a project like this instead of eating everything in sight while I watch my favorite TV shows! I love the bright colors against the yarn. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails