April 19, 2011

Painted Eggs with Vinyl

Somtimes it's just easiest to name them exactly as they are :)

Thus...the painted eggs with vinyl.
Or swirly eggs.
I think they'll both do.

A friend of mine gave me four ceramic eggs a while ago because the owner just didn't like them.
Honestly, I just left them in a bag in my garage because I didn't either :)

But I pulled them out when I was out looking for a hinge...and they had easter all over them.
(duh)


They're fairly big but really fragile.
A friend was in the garage with me when I attempted to spraypaint these suckers.
I had just said that I didn't like the fact that there were four because I liked odd numbers...
...and one fell on the floor and broke.

Well...uh, thanks?
I had a pretty ingenuis way of painting them too.

I knew caulk was good for lots of things :)
The eggs had perfect holes in them to set them on top of the caulk.


I ended up painting them yellow, mediterrean blue and a chalky brown color that I had randomly.
They painted perfectly on those things of caulk :)
(I was pretty proud of myself...)


I grabbed my Cricut (poor thing has been left out lately)
and cut some swirls from brown and white vinyl.


Ta-da!
The vinyl just smoothed right on and then I had to hunt for the perfect place for them.
I ended up finding my wood pedestal bowl I got from my grandma and liked how they looked in there...but...


They just needed a little something else to go with them.

I had this boring frame lying around and it was as easy as fitting a piece of paper to slide into the glass in front of the acrylic piece.
(of course I had to use another Sprik Space pattern)


I love the yellow chevron :)
I just printed the quote and stuck it in too.


Nice little family :)
Swirly eggs and chevron.


I'm still kind of amazed at how smoothly the paint went on.
And that I managed to break only one egg.


It's so hard to get a decent picture with a flash.
Bathrooms...grr.


And they might just have to stay past Easter because they kinda go perfectly with my stained birdhouse and birdies.

Little man loves birds so his bathroom is filled with them.
(that reminds me that I STILL haven't shown you his bathroom redo)
Ack!


So watcha think?
Chevron and swirly eggs go fabulously together?

Don't forget to watch out for nasty computer viruses...
I'm kinda paranoid at the moment :)

signature

Linking to:




5 comments:

  1. Those eggs are so cool. I love random projects like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! It's amazing what you can do with vinyl! Thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! Your baby boy has taste! I've been drooling over those birds for a month or more at Michael's hahah!! And I love that chevron piece sooo much! The wording is just PERFECT and they are beyond adorable!

    Crystal
    www.domesticbutnotmartha.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured this on Sprik Space's FB page today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails