February 07, 2011

Altered Valentine Frame

Can I just say that I am DYING for spring to get here?

Anyone else feel that way?
Arkansas weather has been soo dreary lately and can't make up its mind on whether to keep snow on the ground or not.

I just want nice beautifuly breezy, warm weather.
Not too much to ask, right?

Walking to class in the slushy snow today was not fun... neither is not being able to paint anything in the garage because it's just too dang cold and gross.

Ugh.
Rant over...

So because OT school is trying to officially invade my life, I haven't done a ton of Valentine decorating...
but here's a little project I whipped up to put on the dresser in our bedroom.
I told hubby it was his first valentine this year :)

I grabbed an old green heart frame that I found forever ago at Savers along with a piece of scrapbook paper and a vellum quote I had on hand.



I love this quote...
"Whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same"
-Emily Bronte


I gave the frame a good coat of black...
can you tell that I've used that piece of thick paper for painting a LOT?


I used the frame to trace the heart shape on the paper then cut it out.
I loved the velvet flocking on the paper so I cut it to have a pretty design of it running down the bottom.
Then I tore the edges on the quote, inked it and adhered it to the paper.


*sorry in advance for the crappy pictures... my camera hates being indoors just as much as I do!*

Here's the finished product...


I found the wreath holder on sale at Big Lots a while ago and it's just been waiting for something pretty to hang from it.
I glued some fleur de lis ribbon on the back of the frame and hung it.


So there ya have it...
my first valentine of the year.
Hubby seemed to like it :)


I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of this yucky weather will cause a snow day or two so I can have a long weekend... wouldn't that be nice?
Then I would have all kinds of fun things to show you!

What do you think...are you ready for spring weather?
signature

Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love that quote! You're patterned paper is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Spring! It cannot get here fast enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are hosting a Valentine linkup party over at Sassy Sites! I would love to have you stop by and link up this Valentine post (and ANY other valentine post you have!) xoxo!!

    <3 Marni

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails