Popular Posts

January 08, 2011

"Mommy, I'm scared..."

This is the new tactic my three year old has put in place at bedtime.
Because he knows I can't resist those sweet puppy dog eyes and panicky voice saying 'mommy, i'm scared' and thus enticing me to stay in his room a few minutes longer.

But a solution presented itself in the form of a furry, four-legged siamese kitty...


our sweet girl, Ellie.
Little man has always loved having his kitties sleep with him at night and now Ellie has pretty much become as necessary as his night night.

Because, apparantly, Ellie can now fight off monsters.
That's right.
Run to your nearest animal shelter and see if they have a pretty Siamese.
They are apparantly incredibly fierce...according to my three year old.

We had a near melt-down last night when she went into hiding somewhere in the house and wasn't present at bedtime.
Luckily, she appeared, sleepily, out of nowhere just in time to crawl into bed.

Little man looks at me and goes 'okay mommy, you can leave. I have Ellie. Ellie will 'tect me from all those scary monsters'.

But she looks so innocent...


Oh well.
I'm completely fine with her warding off those pesky monsters if it means that bedtime goes smoother...

and that little man is 'tected of course...


Of course, I couldn't help but wander in later and snap some pictures of him and his fierce warrior kitty...


Gotta love those furballs.

On a sadder note, I'm sad to say that we lost our sweet Toby to a car accident earlier in the week....


Little man thinks that he just ran away and Im okay with leaving it at that.
He says that when he grows up, he'll run really fast and catch him.
Until then, he says that God is running really fast and watching him.

Do ya'll have any fiercy kitty protectors at your house?

signature

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable story! It would make a sweet picture book, wouldn't it?

    I inherited 2 cats--have no idea how they showed up at my house, but they're fat and fluffy and I don't have mice. Good exchange, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny- my son is 6 and he has to have our cat Martini sleep with him every night!! We have a dog too - but he says the cat is better to snuggle with:) He also claims that he is afraid of the dark and afraid that there is a monster in his room.. but since we got the cat he is fine!! Way to go for kitty super heros!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new cat owner, and I just love my little guy, though I'm not sure he'd protect me or my hubby from anything. Murphy's super snuggly though, and we miss him terribly when traveling! Here's a pic... http://www.lindsaysews.com/2010/11/custom-pet-stocking-on-etsy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures of them sleeping together are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Toby... it's sad when things like that happen. :-(
    Unfortunately, we can't have any kitties. I <3 kitties, but, it's been my dream for as long as I can remember to adopt a retired Greyhound. Not quite a year and a half ago, my husband and I decided that we were going to do it! We adopted our heart song dog, Doc, and along after that came Dusty. We already had Lilly, which is our fluffy white American Eskimo dog. Unfortunately, I don't think my two houndies would get along with a kittie too well. The *might* be trainable, but I don't know that I want to find out for sure. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails