January 11, 2011

Baby Gift: Initial

So back around Christmas-time,
when it was super busy...
we decided to throw a baby shower for a friend of mine.

One thing that I'm kind of known for with baby gifts is personalization. I love giving things with the baby's name somewhere on it.
But they were still iffy about settling on a name.
They were pretty sure.
But not definitely sure.

But I had to do something with a name.
I got the sweetest chocolate brown and pink fluffy blanket (I love shopping for girls!!)
and I decided to throw a little personalized something into the gift...

I started with just a few things:

*scrapbook paper (her colors were soft pink and brown)
*An unfinished wood cutting board that I got somewhere on clearance
*Wood "B"
*Ribbon
*Mod Podge



It was super simple putting together.
I just painted the "B" and then applied paper to it with Mod Podge.
I then applied another sheet to the board (front and back)
I adhered the B with hot glue... I didn't want to put it on too permanantly unless they did end up changing their name.
I attached some extra paper and ribbon at the bottom.
I finished it off by tying the gorgeous ribbon through the hole until it was frilly enough.

What do you think?


It was super easy and turned out super, girly cute.


I love making things for baby girls...


I got my clear cellaphane out, settled everything into the middle then tied it up with more ribbon.


I also slid a ribbon slide I had that said 'sweet baby' onto the bow.

 

All ready to go.
Now if they'll just stick with the name :)

signature

Linking to:

6 comments:

  1. So cute! I love this idea...definately going to steal this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! I think it's so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so adorable! please come link it up here too: http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/01/project-party-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea with the cutting board! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that project, it would be so cute for a baby shower, but not too expensive. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever have another baby, I want one of these - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails