October 26, 2010

A Big Boy Room!

You ever just get that itch?

You walk into a room and you just look around and go 'I do NOT like this'.
Who am I kidding? Of course you have :)

While hubby was gone on a man retreat weekend this past week... I got the itch in little man's room.
I just hated the layout...it seriously bugged me.

When we first bought the house, he was in a crib and I didn't spend a lot of time decorating his room...

Here's what it looked like for the first few months we moved in...

Just a hodpodge mess :)
Then we finally got his big boy bed moved in... and it became a different hodgepodge mess...
I liked it better but his room was big and there was a huge empty space in the middle.
Plus... I just wasn't digging the sports stuff.
Remember my post about the boy wall art I did a while back?
That made me feel better.
But the lay-out of the room was still off.
Then I got the itch this past weekend.
I had to do something about it.
So little man helped me tear the room apart and slowly move things back together...
It's amazing what rearranging the furniture can do!
We pulled the bed away from the wall... it looks so much better in the middle of the room.
It makes the wall art look better too :)
His 'R' Wall is my favorite part.
He loves it.
I plan on changing his comforter soon but it works right now.
I made the dust ruffle with the same fabric from his wall.
And you can't forget the lovely red end table project I did a few weeks ago!

I love his glider rocking chair... we still rock and read every night :)
The pillow is made with the same fabric from the wall as well... and the other was my first project in OT school :)

His wall art from one of my very first posts is still up.
I'm still messing with that wall... not perfect yet :)
I love how everything was rearranged... it feels like a real, put-together room now!
So I guess my itch paid off... I feel much better now :)

Another reminder it's transformation:

Little man goes into his room and keeps saying 'oh mommy... i love my new bed!'
All that hard work...totally worth it.

signature
Linking too:
Visit thecsiproject.com




7 comments:

  1. I love that. The little collage thing above his bed is awesome. I'm stealing that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey that is so cute. I LOVE the grouping above his bed. so darn cute. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! I need to get motivated to decorate my kiddos' rooms. They look a lot like the second hodge-podge pic! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the art above the bed! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little boys room! Sure is a lucky one (:

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails