June 18, 2010

Typography Wall Art

So if you haven't yet, you need to check out this link.
I thought it was amazing.

I'm into graphic art and typography so I fell in LOVE with Leo Reynold's  letter collection on Flickr.

I was inspired.
Seriously... as soon as I saw it, the wheels started turning and I got to work.
That's how easy and quick it was.

It probably took me fifteen minutes (and the majority of that time was looking through all his fabulous pictures)

I did this one within twenty minutes of seeing the idea:


SO easy, I promise.

I don't have Photoshop or anything but I do have Picnik! (I adore that site)
I think you have to have the premium account to do collages (sooo worth it, guys) but that's what I did.
I simply opened a collage, found a layout that I could adjust with the amount of rows and columns I needed and then just dragged and dropped.

It took me a few minutes to find the colors and get them all in to make them 'go' the way I wanted them too. But there are hundreds of different textures, colors and arrangements of the letters on his site.
I just grabbed a bunch of each that I liked and played until I got what I wanted.

I did one for my mom too:
*the 'est' in the picture is from the original inspiration on Amy's site. I cropped it from hers*

and for my little guys room with just his name:



I'm in LOVE. Clearly obsessed.

THANK YOU Amy from My 3 Monsters for feeding my inspiration!

Guys, check her out and see the original beauty!

signature


5 comments:

  1. Thanks Kelsey! I LOVE LOVE how yours turned out. It's pretty addictive, isn't it? Have fun crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of those the other day. I used a few of the same images. :)So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great. I'm hooked on this too. I've made three since Thursday. Thinking about doing more, but I don't want to go overboard in the house with them. haha

    Found you through your link-back comment on Amy's post. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you print your collage. How large can you print the collage from Picnik and keep good quality. I read it was only 12x12 but I wanted to print a 20x30 like Amy.
    thanks
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails