June 08, 2010

Twine Covered Monogram

Have I ever mentioned that I"m in love with monograms?

I'm pretty sure I am... maybe it's because I'm still newly married (1 year yesterday!) and I just love seeing my new initial...

So combine that with my love for burlap and twine... well, I swoon.
I recently posted doing a burlap covered monogram so I thought I would follow that up with one I did a while ago using twine (or jute, whatever you like to call it)

I love both of them, however I think this one requres a bit more patience (plus you have to put up with burned fingers!)

But well worth it, I think.

I started with one of those big chipboard letters from Hobby Lobby:


This is the only picture I have of one before I covered it... though I did an H.

Supplies are easy:

Glue Gun
Ball of twine/jute



I sat and watched House while doing this (love that show!) and made many exclamations as my fingers got burned by my glue gun.

I started at one end and just worked my way across the letter.



When I got to the middle of the H, I started with a new piece of twine and just wrapped.

The back looks messy because of all the glued ends but it's nice and secure :)

Here it is hanging with a pretty ribbon in my hallway:



Simple and not too frilly.

Gotta love that.



Worth the glue gun burns??

I think so.

And Don't worry... I haven't forgotten about my 100 followers giveaway.
Missed that announcement?
Find it here

I'm excited to show you what it is.
Tune in tomorrow!!

All Thingz Related




signature



1 comments:

  1. I think it's great!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails