June 20, 2010

Hello there...

First off, you should know.
I HATE writing about myself.

I'm not good at it.
I don't really know if you'll find me at all interesting.
And most likely, that's why I put off writing this section until my blog was over a year old.
Yea...

So... first things first.
At the moment, I am 23.
(A youngn' right?)
I am a wife and a momma and love being both.
Although living in a house with two boys has it's *cough* challenges...


I adore lots of things.
Here's a quick list...
*taking pictures...lots and lots of 'em
*doing DIY projects
*painting (especially spraypainting)
*picking up furniture off the side of the road (I love curbside rescuing!!)
*NOT studying (but I usually end up having to)
*snuggling on the couch with my two boys (best thing ever!)


Little man (up there) is currently four going on twenty.
He's super smart and constantly amazes me with his brilliant little mind.
He likes it when mommy makes 'stuff' and thinks that the whole world is put together with hot glue.

He also thinks that God currently owns a hot glue gun.


My sweet hubby is currently 21 (ooooh even more of a youngn') and he makes me laugh every. single. day.
He's pretty much the sunshine in my life.
He's a big nerd that also happens to sing and play the guitar beautifully.
He constantly encourages me in my 'crafting' and never questions when I pull out the miter saw or the sander.
He's the cook and I'm the DIY-er.
We seem to like it that way.

He's also constantly giving me challenges to keep my creativity sharp.
You'll see some of those challenges peppered throughout the blog.
He keeps threatening to guest post one of these days.
Keep your eye out... he might hack in and really do it.


Why did I start Tattered and Inked?
It started on a whim.
A friend of mine started her own scrapbook kit club and asked me to be a designer on it.
I used to work for our local scrapbook store and agreed quickly.
Many of the other designers had blogs so I just followed the crowd.
I had NO idea what I was doing and the blog certianly didn't take off quickly.

At the beginning of 2010, I really fell in love with the idea of blogging.
I found several I started reading daily and quickly caught on to how the bloggy world runs.
And the rest is history.
I absolutely love meeting all the fabulous people and seeing their amazing projects.
And it's fun to share my projects as well.


I evolved a lot in that first year.
I still love taking pictures but do more for my blog than anything else.
I don't scrapbook very often but use a lot of skills I have from that.
I love decorating my house and doing DIY projects.
I have become addicted to redoing furniture and now collect spraypaint like nothing else.

I hoard pieces of wood, paper and random objects that DO get put to good use eventually.
And I can't wait to keep learning!


A few things you should know about me...

  • I'm 100% addicted to Dr. Pepper. If I go a day without it, you will know and not like it.
  • I'm apparantly quite dramatic and use the words 'always' and 'never' too much
  • I'm in occupational therapy school at the moment so days (or weeks) where I just dissapear, look for me behind a huge stack of books or huddling in the corner trying to figure out why I'm doing this
  • I have the memory of an eighty-year old. I cannot remember anything if it's not written down.... so I'm terrible about returning phone calls, texts or planned dates... so I really do love you... Ijust might forget to call you back...

Lastly...the name.
Remember when I said I used to be an avid scrapbooker?
My two favorite techniques were using ink to distress paper and then tearing or tattering the edges.
I love distressed things.
So thus 'tattered and inked' was born.
And no, this blog is not about tatoos.
Sorry.

If you made it through all of this, we are now completely BFF's.
Just don't expect me to remember to call you back.
Remind me, okay?

I'm so glad you're here!
Pull up a seat and hopefully you'll find something you'll like!!


signature







4 comments:

  1. I recently found your blog and we have so much in common, except age. I so enjoy reading about all your awesome re-do's and your photos are ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your about me page :) I need to update mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Thrifty Decor Chick. I was hooked when I saw Arkansas before even looking at your pics. Lived north of LR for 5 years and still really miss AR at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love LOVE your blog!! You are so amazingly crafty and inspiring! I wish I had a house of my own to paint and design... All in good time, however.. :( I read your whole all about me page. Twice. It's very interesting and so are you... Can't wait for your next post! :D

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails