June 03, 2010

Framed Burlap Monogram

It's been a busy, busy week.

I finish up my first two OT classes tomorrow.
That's kind of exciting :)

So in my little bits of spare time, I'm trying to redo little man's room.
Just tweaking here and there.

I had a boring old framed football picture of some sort that didn't belong... so I grabbed the frame with the already matted picture, some scrapbook paper, an "R" monogram from Hobby Lobby and some burlap (of course!)

Here's my R:


All boring.
And it has been moved and stuck everywhere for so long that it cracked in the middle... I'm pretty sure it actually broke in half. lol.
I nearly threw it out.

But I grabbed a piece of burlap and stuck the letter on it.
Then just cut and hot glued until it was covered.



I tied a piece of jute around the middle...it helped give it more support and was just cute :)

I took my frame and just literally covered up the football picture. It had a while matte around it and the 12x12 red cardstock covered perfectly. They're just taped on there so they can come off if I get bored with the color.

The R I just hotglued to the outside of the frame.

I think it turned out CUTE



Easy easy redo.

Ryan loves having his R around. He knows it and "O"s.

Wanna see his newest obsession?



See those bands around all of our heads?

We read this book call "I love you forever" and the little boy is running in one of the pictures with a sweatband around his forhead.
Little man thought that was just too funny.

He took my stretchy headbands and calls them his 'running things'.

Haha. I love it .

Featured on:

CraftGossip


HookingupwithHoH

Beyond The Picket Fence



Visit thecsiproject.com

signature



12 comments:

  1. Oooo wow, I am loving this one, Kelsey!! Haven't seen burlap in a while, so I may have to bring it back for this! Love that pic at the end. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! You know I love burlap and I have plenty left for other projects. I may try this for my daughter's room! Thanks for sharing!

    T.bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love anything monogram! Cute! Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello Party.
    -Mama E
    www.homeandheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute great job!! Visiting from Tatertots and Jello

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following you from Sunday Showcase Party!!! So cute!!! Cute family pic too. Nice to meet you. I am your newest follower.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo cute! Love the red background! Thanks so much for linking up your idea with us this week! stop by again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out super cute! Love the burlap. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! I would like to invite you to join my new Pajama Party which starts Wednesday! (The link goes up tonight)

    http://lifeinmypjs.blogspot.com/p/pajama-party.html

    Thanks!

    ~Ela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is one of my favorite monogram projects I have seen so far! Great job! Visiting from CSI.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just too cute and creative! If you have this much talent at 21 years old, you have a very bright future ahead of you! Congrats to you on pursuing your education and on a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've put together a round up of monogram and letter projects on Craft Gossip today and included your project. :) You can see it here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/6-monogram-and-letter-projects/

    If you would like to share the Craft Gossip love and show your visitors you've been featured, you can grab a button here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails