June 29, 2010

Easy Name Plaque

A couple weeks ago, I went to Savers and come home with this loot:


I don't usually have much luck there, but I did this trip!
I think I spent about 10$.

I've already messed with a bunch of it but here's what I used for this:



See that curvy plaque?
I lovvved it. It stands on it's own and was just plain...sitting there.

Here's what it turned into:


Isn't it lovely now??

I don't have in-between steps... but basically
*I painted an undercoat of yellow
*Painted a top coat of turqoise
*Sanded to let the yellow show through
*Glazed for the aged look

Here it is after all that:

Then...
*Cut  out the words with my Cricut onto vinyl (love that stuff!)
*Sealed with glossy Mod Podge




Here's what the back turned out like:


I just cut a piece of scrapbook paper and adhered with ModPodge.



I love how easy it was and how pretty it turned out...



So not plain-jane anymore!



signature

Linking too:

Visit thecsiproject.com



11 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I am headed to GW today and see what I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ your name plaque! You did a wonderful job! ♥Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The piece is beautiful, I especially love the scrap book paper on the back! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always hit or miss when I go thrifting and you definitely hit! Love how your name plaque turned out

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lil plaque is awesome! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! What font did you use? It is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always reply from the email that I get telling me that I have a comment. Except for the people that don't have an email account linked to there blog, like you, then I reply on one of their posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelsey, Kelsey, Kelsey! I need your help! I am trying some new things with paint! My sis is throwing a cowboy party, and I am making a sign that says "Anderson Ranch." I am trying to make it look aged, so I have been searching your posts for ideas! Tell me what you think...

    I am going to paint an undercoat of brown or red and then paint it white over that. What is this glaze you used on this name plaque to make it look aged? Will you e-mail me if you get a chance? oopsey.daisy@yahoo.com

    THANKS my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the blue you chose and putting the pretty pattern on the back was great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I never would have thought to paint the undercoat yellow! Thanks for the tip.
    I have GOT to get me a Cricut!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails