May 27, 2010

"Trust in the Lord' Wall Hanging

So I loved my California signs so much that I had to go and make something that resembled them.
I actually do want to do favorite places or something along those lines.

But I did something a little different.

I started with this:


It's actually a sign that I picked up at Hobby Lobby... I think I got it for like a dollar on sale.
The quote was cute... but I was wanting to make something and this was fair game :)

I primed it.
Spray painted it yellow
Then Espresso Brown (yumm!)
Then sanded.

Love that technique.
So worn. Vintage. Warm.

And then I did my design...


It was a reminder that I've been needing to have for a while.

I painted the swirls first... sanded... then glazed them a bit.

Then the words I just stenciled on in white.

I'm quite fond of it : )


Wanna see some sweet pics I got of little man this week?
Of course you do...


Playing on our swingset..he's learning the art of keeping his feet up.



This picture is my favorite.
Him and his puppy, Kaos.
It's a constant love/hate relationship.

Love you guys... sorry my posting has been so sporadic lately.
Classes have been hectic. One more week and it calms down...just a little.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!



signature

Linking too:







5 comments:

  1. What a great sign! I LOVE the vintage look/feel of it as well! It's a great saying to have in the home. I want one, too! I need the constant reminder. And those pics of your son and the dog....so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so that's my fav verse... and not fav verse depends on the day and my attitude. It should always be fav verse right. Anyways I'm making a trust door... kinda like my scripture door except this one only has verses relating to trust (since it's my issue) so you should help me do one of those that would fit on my door:) just an idea!! Love you and miss you terribly. You should make some time for your fav sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute sign and I love the weathered look of it. You really did an awesome job and it will be a great reminder to have displayed

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darling, I love the message and how worn it looks WAY TO GO!

    P.S. can I steal that cute frame pic. saying that says "Get Excited and Make Things" I don't know if its yours... or a button from a layout blog... BUT I LOVE IT! let me know? jenglamgirl@gmail.com thank you ')

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails