May 11, 2010

Keep Calm Framed Art


Remember this post?

And how I decided that my mantra for getting through these last years of school would be "Keep Calm and Carry On"?

I'm trying to become immersed in that.
It's hard after having to fight a three year old to take a bath because he's so beyond tired.

Anyways... I'm trying to keep reminders around me... I'm actually scouring Etsy to find a necklace with it so I can carry it around. I've found tons. :)

Wanna know some fun facts about "Keep Calm and Carry On"?
Of course you do.

*It was originally produced in 1939 by the British government at the beginning of World War II but was actually NEVER used.
*It was only intended to be used as a last case scenario in case the Nazis invaded Britian.
*Two and a half million copies were printed but only a few were distributed.
*The poster was the third in a series of three that included the sayings "Your courage, your cheerfulness, your resolution will bring us victory" and "Freedom is in Peril"
*In 2000, the slogan was rediscovered in a second-hand bookshop and eventually redistributed
*The slogan 'Now panic and freak out' has also made it's rounds in debut.

Interesting, huh?

On to the project...

So I started with a frame I had on hand from Hobby Lobby and hopped on the computer to type the saying up in a font I liked
I like the simple block font that it's usually in:



Isn't the frame pretty?
I think I intended to use it for wedding pictures... oops.

So I got the font and cut out with my exacto knife:


I got a crown template off my Cricut and cut that also.
Then I went to work stenciling it out some burlap with brown paint:



I love burlap.



Almost done.
I just popped it into the frame:



I love the fabulous reminder it gives.



I'm just in love with this saying.

I'm really excited/nervous about classes starting on Monday.
However, I got a supply list for my therepeutic activities class that involved going to Hobby Lobby.
Very good sign.

Linking to:

All Thingz Related

Photobucket

IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

The Girl Creative

UndertheTableandDreaming

signature




12 comments:

  1. So cute! I can't believe that we did the same thing on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping over from Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts. I love this project of yours! I may just have to copy you :-)

    Those are interesting facts, I never knew that. But I love the phrase. Also, I think Burlap is pretty cool too. I've never used it (I'm new to crafting) but I love the look of it.

    If you have time, feel free to stop by my blog :)
    mythoughtsandtreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you a blog award! Head over to my blog and check it out! http://keepinupwiththemoodys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from New Friend Friday. The framed Keep Calm and Carry On turned out great. I love the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hopping through New Fried Friday.
    The frame came out nice but, ilove the quote in the header!
    www.scrapaddict4sure.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is terrific! I am a new follower from New Friend Friday, hope you stop by to visit!

    http://jamielanedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from New Friend Friday- I really like these fun facts about this saying!! Cute ideas on your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this is really nice. I love how it looks on the burlap.

    Thanks for linking this up to A Little Creative Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from New Friend Friday!
    Great looking framed burlap! I really like the stencil idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from New Friend Friday and am following you on Google Friend Connect. Come visit us at www.couponsareagreat.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that saying. I am a young mom with 3 little kids and my husband is a bishop, so I absolutely love it, I think I need it in every room! Thanks for the inspiration!
    P.S. My sister introduced me to this great cricut thing, it is called Sure Cuts Alot. It is a computer program that you install (I think it costs $80) and you can have unlimited fonts!!! I download all my fonts from dafonts.com, and now I don't buy any more cartridges - too expensive! Just thought you might like to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous job! Love the burlap and white frame together...and I just adore the saying! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails