April 05, 2010

Quick and easy flower pot facelift!

Hey all.... hope everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend.
We had a great time with easter egg hunts, church services and lots and lots of candy (just what my two-year old needed the most!)

I have a million things running through my head since my little man's third birthday is coming up in a couple weeks.
I have a list about a mile long of things to do.
And homework on top of that.

So here's a quickie that I absolutely just loved the turn-out. It was cheap, easy and fun fun fun!

Just grab a flower pot. Any kind really.
I used a small ceramic one from Wal-mart that was a cheery yellow.
But spray-paint a cheap brown one and you're ready to go!

Then grab an assortment of embellishments:



I grabbed some ribbon, clear vellum stickers and a hot glue gun :)

Here's what I came up with:



Watcha think?

I LOVE how the vellum sticker melted into it and made it look handpainted. The flowers were metallic rub-ons (yes, don't be afraid to try them on anything!)

I took the brown piece of ribbon and glued it around the edge and tied in a piece of yellow into the knot.

Wouldn't fabric flowers look fun glued on there too?

There are endless possibilities.

Too bad I only had one.
I gave this one to my sister.

Have fun and (hopefully) some pretty spring weather!
(It was nearly 90 degrees here today! Yikes!)

signature


8 comments:

  1. Cute! I need to spruce up my deck with some cute flower pots. The question is.... Do I fight the pollen now or the bugs later? Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to kick it up a notch with this pot! Good job! Thanks for linking up to Anything Related!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It turned out wonderful! Such a great idea. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a fantastic idea...although I am hesitant to put it outside. I need to just go out and buy a small houseplant to put in it.

    Oh and where are the pics of MY great find?? I want to see it being put to good use or it needs to come to my house:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelsey, my friend! You are crafting away!! I love it. I awarded you the sunshine award! Come see: http://craftingreallyawesomefreethings.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for all the fabulous idea!!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails