April 27, 2010

Empty Frame Wall Art

I am obsessed with frames.

I just simply adore them.
Probably why I have a huge stack of them in my closet just waiting to be put out.
I can't help but buy them when they catch my eye :)

Might have something to do with my slight obsession for taking pictures as well... hmm. Food for thought.

Anyways... I love this fad of using empty frames to decorate...

see some beauties I found:


(sorry I don't remember exactly where I found it... it's a Martha Stewart design though!)


(source)
(another Martha inspired-room)

and here...




Isn't that white beautiful?

So, I got inspired.

I have a huge living room wall that is in desperate need of something to liven it up. It's a huge space and I don't have any big furniture on it so I'm trying to be creative about it.

Plus, I hate the wall color and can't change it quite yet.

Anyways... I gathered up some fun frames:



and spray-painted all of them in various colors.
I kept all the glass and inside pieces in case I do want to actually use them someday :)

I had some little brown ledges already so I put them all together... and...



(sorry for the bad lighting... my camera hates the wall color as much as I do!)

But didn't it turn out quite lovely?

I gathered up some initials I had around... some I painted to match, the big H I got from Kohls :)

I also stuck my canvas I did from this post.

I also covered two of them with scrapbook paper.

Easy, fun and gives amazing life to the room! :)

I'm in love.

Visit thecsiproject.comHookingupwithHoH





 
This was featured on:
 
New Nostalgia
 
Thanks so much! :)



signature


15 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! So cute...now I have a new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of making this your own! I love the different colors on the frame!
    Hugs, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your frames look fab, I love how you added the H's! And I'm in love with your first inspiration image *swoon*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! Where did you get that little h?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project!! I definately have some frames that I could do this with! It looks fantastic :)
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! great idea for filliing up a space! Where did you find the little "h"?? I always see capital letters...interesting!

    Take care!
    Vicky @ sleeping in an unmade bed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! And "H"? I love them even more now!

    Thanks for Hookin' Up with me at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly L-O-ve it!!!

    The H accents and little bird are PERFECT...

    Thanks for linking up to Shop Your House...your post was just right for the party theme :)

    You have a great blog and I hope you will stay with me as Shop Your House grows each week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! I love the color on the frames! Wonderful job!
    Check out my blog for a CSN giftcard give away! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love!!! I have a whole box in my storage closet...now I know what to do with them. Would love to have you link up to "Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays" @ New Nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you linked up to "AP Tuesdays"
    had to feature your post, it is up today!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing your inspiration pics, especially the white. I'd been debating on painting an old (really old) frame white. I feel bad doing that because it is old, but I'd like it better white, so thanks to your inspirationg, I'm doing it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors and idea! I love teh empty frame too!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails