March 18, 2010

Spring Bird Nest!

So I've been seeing birdie nests all over blogworld lately. Combine that with my little boy's love of birds and I just had to figure out a fun way to make my own.

Luckily, it all came together.



I used:
*random untensil holder from Target Dollar bin
*Spanish Moss (Dollar Store)
*Two birds (Dollar Store)
*A nest (.59 at Walmart!)
*random bits of ribbon and raffia

All I did with the white holder was tie ribbon on the handles at the top:



Then I filled it with the spanish moss and let it poke all out the sides. The nest fit perfectly on top!

I decided to make a tag to hang off. All I used was a piece of printed burlap I had, cut it into the shape of a tag then put some letter bubble stickers that said 'spring' on it! Attach with raffia and ribbon and...
voila!






I got so excited about taking pictures I forgot to get ones with birdies outside... here it is inside...

I spraypainted the birds with Almond and sanded them to let their colors show through a little.



Aren't they just springy?? I loved how it turned out... now I just gotta keep them from being taken by my two year old :)



signature



The Girl Creative




5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling, Kelsey!! I am jealous. I know birds are totally in right now, and I bought a bird thinking I could pull something like this off. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm just stopping over from New Friend Friday! I've seen your blog before! The welcome board is awesome. Hope you can stop by and say hello! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I am loving the birds right now, just bought some today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey,
    So dang cute!! Love it! I'm so glad you joined the Easter Roundup!
    Happy Easter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails