January 23, 2010

playing catch up

Three things that made me oh-so-happy today:

1. Hearing Ryan sing "This is the day that the Lord has made" while dancing around the kitchen (can't beat a two year olds' voice singing)

2. Getting my house more organized (I'm crazy... but I LOVE cleaning the house) and NOT having to look at Phsyics.

3. My fabulous hubby bringing me Gerber daisies home just cause he loves me!

So I realized today that I am the worlds WORST blogger. I have all these great ideas and wayy too many pictures and I just never get around to posting them during the day. I guess it's kind of like keeping a journal... and I think I stopped being good at that when I was 16.

Regardless... I'm going to get better. Just watch.

So I realized today that I never got around to posting pics of the second design I did for those custom letters back at Christmas-time. I was super nervous about doing them because they involved painting flowers but i was so incredibly excited with how they turned out:



I decided they were too cute to just send home in a wal-mart sack so I bundled them in contact paper with sleeves of paper between each letter so they wouldn't get scratched. I had made tags with the girl's initials on them earlier with some cardstock, paint and rhinestones so all I had to do was get some pretty ribbon and tie the tags on! They looked so adorable I was almost sad to let them go...



The pink one in the middele with circles is my favorite Maybe 'cause I like the odd one out. lol. But, regardless, I love how it turned out. I absolutely love doing these letters and really want to try doing a boy's name. I plan on doing Ryan's sometime but we'll see when I can get around to it.

However I have been doing some odd projects here and there lately. One of my good friends is getting married in November and we've been having fun making trips to hobby lobby and fishing up ideas to decorate their soon to be new home, and throwing some fun wedding ideas in at the same time. I'm getting to the point that if I keep finding ideas I like and thinking of things I want to do.... I'm going to run out of wall space. Until then I guess I'll keep finding homes for my projects in my own house... but I might have to start giving some up :/

Soon to come:
1. ideas to spruce up those old peg shelves everyone has lying around (or is in every garage sale)

and

2. Ways to spruce up those cork bulletin boards that are too blah for a color-crazy house!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails