August 29, 2009

creative surge...

So I decided that it's about time to put something up that I've put together. A couple weeks ago, I got really bored with Ryan's blank wall in his new bedroom. I had purchaed a DCWV wall rub-on quote to put up but didn't like how small it was. So I decided to alter it a bit... and had quite a bit of fun making this canvas...



I used three canvases, red, blue and brown paint and the DCWV rub-on quote. Now his room doesn't look quite so boring anymore!

I'm working on getting back into the groove with school again- it's a lot harder being married. I just want to be at home with my little boy and wait for my husband to get home. I do love classes... it's just different this time around. Knowing that i still have four years left is hard. But I know it'll be worth it...

Well I'm going to have a movie night with Ryan tonight with yummy popcorn. Here's a project I did last christmas for Mychal. I got the idea from Taylor Swift's song "Love Story" and the lyrics of the song are throughout the book (including the title). I had so much fun making it.

I started with just a plain white book that I had ordered back from Bare Books a long time ago. (I adore these books, I use them all the time) Then I used a ton of random tags throughout the book to add journaling, more pictures and even a few memorabilia things like our movie tickets and wrappers to the chocolates he gave me. I was quite happy with how it turned out... here's a sampling of it. I think one of my favorite things about it is the beautiful velvet ribbon that I used on the spine of the book- a goodie my mom had picked up for me as a gift somewhere.



Alrighty... off to watch the 'doggy' movie.

'nite

2 comments:

  1. When are you coming over to help decorate my kids rooms? That canvas is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day!!! I'd love for you to leave me some love and make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails